Dr Andrea Armstrong has organised or being the invited keynote speaker, presenter or delegate at the conferences listed below:
- Border Troubles: Urban Nature and the Remaking of Public/Private Divides I Association of American Geographers, Washington, USA.
- The Mediating Effects of Nature-based Solutions on Health and Wellbeing during the COVID-19 Pandemic |17thInternational Conference on Urban Health (ICUH): Transforming our Collective Urban Future: Learning from COVID-19 |Latin America (Virtual).
- Nature-based Solutions: Unlocking Urban Potential|NATURVATION Conference (Virtual).
- Governing Sustainable Communities | Association of American Geographers (AAG) | Boston, USA.
- Moving Communities in Regeneration Areas | Royal Geographic Society (RGS-IBG), London.
- A Geography of Demolition: Politics, Processes and Experiences | Housing Studies Association Conference |University of York.
- Co-creation and Public-Private Partnerships I An Era of New Beginnings: Dream – Act – Lead – Together, Eurocities Annual Conference, Espoo, Finland.
- North Tyneside Community Development Project: Legacies and Lessons |Conference| The Meadows, North Shields.
- Community Development in Austerity | Discovery Museum, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- Whose Community? Whose History? Issues and Challenges when doing Community-Based Historical Research | Imagine Conference - Doing Research Together |University of Huddersfield
- North Shields: History, Community Development Project and the Present | Imagine North East Launch Event | Discovery Museum, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
- Ethical Issues in Action Research on Poverty and Debt |Workshop / Conference |Durham University.
- Lessons and Legacies of the Community Development Projects of the 1970s, Revisiting the Benwell CDP | History of Youth and Community Work Conference |Hinsley Hall, Leeds.
- Doing Research together across Communities and Universities | 3rdAnnual Imagine Conference | Business School, University of Huddersfield.
Dr Andrea Armstrong has organised, chaired, facilitated or participated in the following workshops:
- Creating Sustainable Communities | Sheffield Hallam University.
- Changing Infrastructure Economies Workshop |Department of Geography, Durham University.
- Low Carbon Transitions Workshop, Durham Energy Institute, Durham University.
- LOWCCC, Energy and Society | Durham Energy Institute, Durham University.
- Micro Hydro Politics |Workshop |Durham University.
- Co-Finance and Digitalisation for Nature-Based Solutions I Nature-Based Solutions Day I Social Impact Factory, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Practical Ethics in Community Research |Outreach to Ownership Project, Historic England.
- Communities in control or left in the lurch? | Empowering Communities and Making Change Happen Policy Seminar | Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and National Council for Voluntary Organisations |Kings Cross, London.
- Communities in Control? |Imagining North Shields Workshop | The Meadows, North Shields.
- Imagining Community in Benwell: a Future Creating Workshop | with Prof. Mary Brydon Miller and Riverside Community Health Project |Carnegie Building, Benwell, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- Imagining Benwell and North Shields: from the National Community Development Projects (1970s) to ‘Our Place’ and beyond | Empowering Communities and Making Change Happen Policy Seminar |Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and National Council for Voluntary Organisations, Kings Cross, London.
- Negotiating access: consultation fatigue and community apathy in regeneration areas | Social Wellbeing, Spatial Justice (SWSJ) Research Cluster | Department of Geography, Durham University.